Family Welcome Centers (FWCs) serve NYC families all year round with enrollment and admissions. During August and September, FWCs will be prioritizing support for families without a school or those who need a transfer due to safety or medical concerns.
If you need help, set up an appointment by:
- Calling 718-935-2828, or
- Emailing your local Family Welcome Center. See locations and list of emails in the Family Welcome Center Locations section below.
Our staff members are available to provide support by email, by phone, or in person from Monday through Thursday, 8AM–5PM, and on Friday, 8AM–3PM.
FWCs will be closed on Monday, September 4 and Monday, September 25.
Enrolling at your Zoned School
If you would like your child to attend their zoned elementary school or middle school, contact that school directly beginning August 28, 2023.
To find your zoned elementary or middle school:
- Visit schoolsearch.schools.nyc and enter your address in the School Name or Address search bar.
- In the Grade dropdown, choose your child’s grade level.
- In the Borough dropdown, select the borough where you live.
- Click the Search button.
- Look for zoned schools under “Current Zoned Schools.”
If your child does not have a zoned elementary or middle school or will be attending high school and needs to be registered, please make an appointment to visit one of our Family Welcome Centers.